Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Pumpkin Spice Cookies with Cadbury Harvest Mix Candies


I'm in a cookie making roll.  It's a tasty habit, but it isn't necessarily good for my health.  It is the season of overindulgence.  


I have made other recipes between these two batches of cookies, but I wanted to post this fall themed cookie recipe before Thanksgiving.

Before you know it, we will be in full on winter mode.  I am actually leaving tomorrow to go to Spain and will not be posting any recipes while I am gone.


When I return, I will be in town for two days before leaving to attend a work conference.  It is a crazy November.

I am only going to be sleeping in my apartment for four more nights total in November.  Before I know it, it will be Christmas time.


I found this chocolate chip cookie recipe on allrecipes.com.  I added pumpkin pie spice and Cadbury Harvest Mix candies in place of chocolate chips.  I also only made half of the recipe.


The ingredients are 1/2 cup shortening, 3/8 cup white sugar, 3/8 cup brown sugar, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, and 1 cup Cadbury Harvest Mix candies.


I creamed together the shortening, brown sugar, and white sugar.





I beat in the egg and vanilla extract.


I mixed in the salt, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice.



I mixed in the flour.


I stirred in the candies.


I scooped mounds of cookie dough onto a baking sheet lined with a baking mat.  Each mound contained about a tablespoon and a half of dough.  The mounds were about two inches apart from each other.


I baked the cookies for about 8 to 10 minutes at 350 degrees.


I let them cool a little on the sheet pan before removing them to cool on a wire rack.


These were tasty cookies.  They were sweet, caramelized, and golden.


The pumpkin pie spice was decreeable, warm, and homey.  It was a great, subtle flavor.


The chocolate candies were creamy and milky.  They had a little crunch and texture too.


I think I overcooked these cookies a little bit because they were a little to crisp for my taste.


I also prefer the taste of butter over shortening.  I think it does make a difference in the flavor.


Despite these flaws, they were good cookies.  The pumpkin pie spice added something special.  I will add pumpkin pie spice to cookie recipes in the future, but I may not use this recipe again.


No comments: