Thursday, October 12, 2017

Chocolate Pancakes with Skors


We are having some strange Fall weather this week.  It was wet and rainy on Monday, which isn't unusual for Fall.  The unusual thing about Monday is that it was humid, hot, and muggy.  It has been hot and sticky since then.


I can't go to long without posting a pancake recipe.  I have a big soft spot for pancakes.  The are a great way to eat sweet carbs for breakfast.








I have made this chocolate pancake recipe many times.  It is a keeper.  I used to find it on food.com, but I think they have changed their name to Genius Kitchen.  


I made the recipe as directed, except I added two crushed up Skor bars.  I also added some chocolate chips.


The ingredients are 1 cup milk, 1 egg, 2 tablespoons melted butter, 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1/3 cup cocoa powder, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 cup chocolate chips, and 2 Skors candy bars.  



I added the cocoa powder, flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda into a bowl.  I whisked the dry ingredients together.





I made a well and added the egg, milk, and melted butter.  I whisked the batter together.



I chopped up the Skor bars and added them to the batter.  I also added the chocolate chips.  I stirred the batter together.


I scooped a third of a cup of the batter into a greased skillet over medium-high heat.


I flipped the pancake once bubbles started to form in the center of the pancake.  I let the other side cook for a few minutes.


These were delicious pancakes.


The texture was fluffy.  They were thick and hearty pancakes.


The chocolate flavor was deep, rich, and decadent.


The Skor bars added additional sweetness and crunch.  The candy had a welcome caramelized flavor.


The pancakes were sweet, decadent, delectable.


It made a perfect way to eat chocolate for breakfast.  Yum!


No comments: