Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Mini Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Blossoms


The pumpkin season is upon us.  The last time I went to the grocery store I bough pumpkin yogurt.  I talked myself out of buying pumpkin cheesecake ice cream.


I haven't been to Trader Joe's this Fall yet.  I remember last year I really enjoyed their pumpkin spice cereal.  I also tried a chocolate covered pumpkin caramel.  It was delicious of course.

I am pretty confident that pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are my favorite.  I like them when they are a little undercooked.  


I usually can't keep out of cookie dough, but I don't have that problem with pumpkin cookie dough.  It's good, but it's not as good as a normal chocolate chip cookie dough.

I bought these mini kisses a few months ago on sale.  It took my a while to think of what I wanted to make with them.  I still have a few left and may make another type of cookie.



This pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe came from allrecipes.com.  I made them with mini chocolate chips because I wanted to make smaller cookies.  I also added pumpkin pie spice instead of cinnamon.  I added a mini chocolate Kiss on each cookie as well.  It called for a small quantity of milk that I just omitted.


The ingredients for these cookies are 1 cup canned pumpkin, 1 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup vegetable oil,   1 egg, 2 cups all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 tablespoon vanilla, 2 cups mini chocolate chips, and about 30 or 40 mini chocolate Kisses.  



I mixed together the sugar, pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, and egg.





I added the salt, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla extract, and pumpkin pie spice.  I mixed the batter together.



I thoroughly mixed in the flour and then mixed in the chocolate chips.


I made tablespoon mounds of dough on a pan lined with a baking mat.  Each mound was about two inches from the surrounding mounds.  I baked the cookies for 8 minutes at 350 degrees.


I added the mini Kiss on each cookie as soon as I removed the pan from the oven.


I let the cookies cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet.


I then removed the cookies from the sheet onto a wire rack to cool completely.


These where phenomenal.  


The cookies were a little doughy and undercooked, which is just how I like them.


The pumpkin spice was aromatic, spicy, and homey.  It had a nice, present pumpkin flavor.



The cookies were packed with gooey and milky mini chocolate chips.


The mini Kisses added additional creaminess, sweetness, and pizzazz.  


 These cookies were scrumptious and delightful.

They are great for Fall with the spice blend and pumpkin.  Event though pumpkin is considered a Fall ingredient, I can eat pumpkin cookies all year long.

These were great cookies.  I made them for a party and everyone enjoyed them.  I would make this recipe again.




No comments: