Saturday, September 16, 2017

Ham, Broccoli, and Cheddar Cheese Pizza


These may seem like a strange combination, but it worked.  My inspiration was broccoli and cheese soup.


I think this was the first time I have ever had broccoli on a pizza.  I have had peas on pizza before.  I briefly lived in Taiwan, and peas were a popular pizza topping there.




I have made sausage, caramelized onion, dried cherry and walnut pizza; buffalo chicken pizza; Hawaiian barbecue chicken pizza; and Thai green curry pizza.  I like pizza so much that I am a little surprised I haven't made more pizza recipes.


I came up with this recipe idea all on my own.  That probably isn't to surprising given the unusually topping choices.  I used frozen naan from Trade Joe's for the crust.  I have used this frozen naan a few times to make pizza.


For each personal size pizza, I used 1/4 cup cooked broccoli, two slices ham, 1 ounce cheddar cheese, and 1 naan.


I preheated the oven to 350 degrees.  I cooked the bread for a couple of minutes before adding the toppings.


I first added a layer of ham.


I added broccoli.


I added a layer of cheddar cheese.  I used a good amount of cheese.  I like my pizza cheesy.



 I baked the pizza for about five to seven minutes.


 I let it cool a little bit and then dug in.


It was scrumptious.  Ham, broccoli, and cheddar go well together.  They complimented each other perfectly.


The broccoli was tender and fresh.  The ham was savory and smokey.


 The pizza was smothered with gooey, stringy, and creamy cheese.


The naan made a great crust.  This naan is soft and comforting.


This was a scrumptious and flavorful pizza.  It was simple yet delicious.  I enjoyed it with pleasure.



No comments: