Sunday, August 27, 2017

Chocolate Brownie Swirled with Peanut Butter Blondie


I have been eating my fair share of sugar recently.  It all started with these brownies.  I then made a cake a week later.  I went to a bakery a few days ago and ate two brownies for dinner.  


I have an insatiable sweet tooth.  Some people complain that a certain dessert is too rich, but I have never encountered that problem.  I take great pleasure in rich, chocolate desserts.





To make these brownies, I used a Ghirardelli brownie mix and a peanut butter brownie recipe from allrecipes.com.  I added mini Reese's Pieces to the peanut butter brownie recipe.  I baked both recipes in a 9 by 13 inch pan.  Individually, each recipe called for a 9 inch square pan. These were a little thicker.

The ingredients for the chocolate brownies are a brownie mix, 1/4 cup oil, 1/4 cup water, and 1 egg.  Other brownie mixes may require different ingredients.  I used a brownie mix that uses a 9 inch square pan.

The ingredients for the peanut butter brownies are 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1/3 cup melted softened butter, 2/3 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, 2 eggs, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.


I mixed together the butter and peanut butter.



I beat in the white and brown sugar.


I mixed in the eggs and vanilla.  


I added the baking powder, salt, and flour.  I mixed the batter together until combined.



I mixed in the Reese's pieces.


For the chocolate brownies, I added the brownie mix into a bowl.  I added the oil, water, and egg.  I mixed the batter together.



I scope the peanut butter batter in globs across a 9 by 13 inch baking dish.  The blobs were evenly spaced from each other.  I had lined the baking dish with parchment paper before adding the batter.  I also greased the parchment paper.


I added the chocolate brownie batter over the peanut butter brownies.  The chocolate batter filled in the gabs between the peanut butter batter.


I swirled the two batter together a little bit to make a pretty pattern.


I baked the brownies for around 45 minutes at 350 degrees.  It took a while because these were thick brownies.  I let the brownies cool completely before cutting them into squares.


These were incredibly decadent and rich.  They felt very luxurious.  


They had a very pronounced, rich, and deep chocolate flavor.  The peanut butter was nutty and flavorful as well, but the chocolate was the strongest element.


They were dense, tender, and chewy.  They had a fudge like texture.


 These were scrumptious.  The centers were soft, but the edges were a little crunchy and caramelized. They were perfectly cooked.  Over baked brownies are no good.


The Reese's Pieces added additional peanut flavor as well as some crunch.


These were wonderful bars.  I ate more of them than I should have, but it was hard to keep my fingers away from them.


No comments: