Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie for One


Today was a scorcher.  It was hot and humid.  Unfortunately, I also rode my bike to work today.


Needless to say, I was very thirsty when I got back to my apartment.  I enjoy riding my bike to work, but it is much more pleasant in the Fall and Spring.

This is the second single serve cookie I have made in the last month.  A little earlier I made a giant single serve chocolate chip cookie.


This one is a peanut butter cookie full of chocolate chips and Reese's Pieces.  Reece's Pieces are made by Hersey.  They are only produced for the North American market.



The center isn't actually peanut butter.  It is peanut butter flavored penuche.  Penuche is a fudge like candy made with brown sugar, butter, and milk.  It is made from caramelizing the brown sugar.


Reece's Pieces gained popularity after they were shown in E.T. The film creators initially wanted M and Ms in the movie, but Mars rejected the offer.  


This chocolate peanut butter cookie for on recipe came from a blog called Good Life Eats.  I made it exactly as directed.  I did create two cookies instead of one.  They were two very large cookies too.


The ingredients are 2 tablespoons melted butter, 2 tablespoon white sugar, 2 tablespoons brown sugar,   2 tablespoons beaten eggs, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 2 tablespoon creamy peanut butter, 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/4 cup Reese's Pieces, and 1/4 cup chocolate chips.



I mixed together the melted butter, white sugar, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, and peanut butter. 





I added the flour, salt, and baking soda to the dough.  I mixed it thoroughly.  


I mixed in the chocolate chunks and Reece's Pieces.



I formed two large cookie dough mounds.  I baked the cookies for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.

 

I let the cookies cool a bit before digging in. 


These were yummy, peanut butter filled cookies.


They were dense and chewy.  They were a little to cake like for me.  I think they may have had too much flour, but I'm not sure.


The texture wasn't spot on, but the flavor was.


 They had a strong, pronounced peanut flavor.


 The edges were crispy, brown, and caramelized.


The Reese's Pieces were sweet and a little crunchy.  


The chocolate chunks were melted, creamy, and gooey.  


Overall, it was a pleasurable and decadent cookie.  I'm glad I made two cookies instead of one because this recipe make two large cookies.  One cookie would be ginormous.  I would make this recipe again.


No comments: