Saturday, June 17, 2017

Corn, Zucchini, and Tomato Skillet Sauté


I went on a vacation to Switzerland almost two weeks ago.  I ate very while while there.  We had chocolate, gelato, cheese, and loads of other delicious things.


I have been trying to eat extra healthy in the two weeks since I have returned to counteract all the delicious yet unhealthy food I ate in Switzerland.  I have only been marginally successful in this endeavor.  For example, yesterday I topped each meal off with a cookie.

This is a great recipe for summer because it uses vegetables that are harvested during the summer.  It's very light and flavorful too.  I have a few other good summer vegetable recipes.








I found this corn, zucchini, and tomato skillet sauté recipe on a website called Delish.  I made a few alterations of course.  I used an entire red onion, two garlic cloves, 4 small zucchini, 5 year of corn, and 4 cups of cherry tomatoes.  In sum, I added more vegetables.  I also used real butter.


The ingredients for this dish are 3 tablespoons of butter, 1 red onion, 2 minced garlic cloves, 4 small zucchini, 5 ears of corn, 4 cups grape tomatoes, 1/4 cup fresh basil, salt and pepper.



To being, I added two tablespoons of butter into a pot over medium-high heat.  I added the chopped onion and the garlic.  I sautéed this for about three minutes.





I added the zucchini and let it sautéed for another five minutes.


After five minutes, I added the remaining tablespoon of butter and the corn.  I had cut the corn off of the cob.


I let the corn and zucchini sauté for another three minutes.  I stirred occasionally.  I also added some salt and pepper.


I cut the cherry tomatoes in half and added them to the pot.  I stirred the vegetables and let them sauté for another three minutes.


I thinly slices the basil and added it to the pot.  I stirred the basil in and the salad was ready.


This was a tasty salad.  It has bright and fresh flavors.


The vegetables were tender but not mushy.  The corn was sweet and delicious.  The recipe had no impact on the fantastic corn.  I was just lucky to have fresh and local corn at the grocery store.


The tomatoes were tender and juicy.


The fresh basil added wonderful flavor.  The dish had a slight and tasty butter flavor.


 The salad was even a little better the second day after the flavors had time to blend and merry.


It was a scrumptious salad.  It would make a great side for a summer picnic.  It was light and flavorful.  It was a great way to take advantage of the bountiful summer produce.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've been making a dish similar to this for years and have yet to make it. Thank you for the reminder! This is a dish that's so perfect for summer!